General Surgery & Board Certified OB/GYN located in Sulphur Springs, TX
In The Office Ablation Q & A
What are Heavy Periods?
1 in 5 women suffer from heavy periods - also referred to as heavy menstrual bleeding or menorrhagia - which can lead to diminished quality of life. Symptoms may include:
- Bleeding that lasts more than 7 days
- Soaking more than 1 pad/tampon every hour
- Needing more than 1 pad/tampon at a time
- Changing your pad/tampon during the night
- Having a menstrual flow with quarter-sized blood clots (or larger)
- Constant pain/cramps in the lower part of the stomach during periods
Excessive blood loss and cramping from your period can mean missing social activities, work, exercise, and much more. Even though heavy periods are a common condition, they are not something to ignore.
The Cerene® Treatment: A New Option to Treat Heavy Periods
We are now offering the Cerene Treatment, a highly effective solution that can help you get the relief you need today.
The Cerene Cryotherapy Device is an FDA-approved technology for endometrial cryoablation - a treatment that uses cooling technology to remove the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is often the cause of heavy bleeding and discomfort.
Cerene provides a safe and well-tolerated treatment that can be comfortably performed in our office. Cryotherapy provides a natural pain relieving, or numbing, effect during treatment, without needing general anesthesia.
The Cerene treatment can significantly reduce heavy period bleeding and cramping so you can get back to enjoying life. Most patients can expect to experience the following treatment results:
- Bleeding reduced to normal, light or no bleeding
- Significant reduction in severe period cramping
- Little to no limitations in life activities within 24 hours of treatment
Is Cerene Right For You?
Cerene is for premenopausal women who have heavy periods due to benign causes that interfere with the quality of their daily lives. Importantly, Cerene is also only for women who no longer want to have children. For additional information about the safety of the Cerene Cryotherapy Device, please see the Cerene IFU and Patient Labeling at https://www.cerene.com/safety-information/.
To learn more about Cerene, please contact us to discuss your heavy period treatment options. You can also visit www.cerene.com. for more information.